12 – 15 Servings
- 12 – 15 chicken thighs and legs
For dry rub:
- 1 Tablespoon instant coffee, e.g. Via Italian Roast
- 1 teaspoon smoked chipotle powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 Tablespoon garlic granules
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked or kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
For bourbon sauce:
- 1 cup bourbon whiskey
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup organic ketchup
- 2 teaspoons Bragg’s Aminos or soy sauce or tamari sauce
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 pinches dry mustard powder
1 – Pre-heat oven to 350˚ F.
2 – Whisk together all the dry rub ingredients in a small bowl.
3 – Dry the chicken pieces with a paper towel and assemble in a large roasting pan. Sprinkle the dry rub onto both sides of the chicken pieces, ending with skin-side up.
4 – Roast chicken in 350˚F oven for 50 – 60 minutes or until internal temperature of chicken is at least 170˚.
4 – In a small bowl, whisk together the sauce ingredients. Set aside.
5 – Assemble chicken pieces on a platter and let rest for 10 minutes, loosely tented with foil. Serve with bourbon sauce.