Makes about 36 muffins
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup whole raw almonds, ground to a meal
- 1/2 cup medium grind cornmeal
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Zest of 1/2 orange
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) buttermilk
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) Fresh Blood Orange or D’Luscious Lemon Olive Oil, or extra virgin olive oil
- 3 Tablespoons fresh orange juice
- Optional – 1 -2 Tablespoons candied orange peel, broken up and soaked in orange juice
1 – Preheat oven to 350˚F (180˚C). Line three 12-cup mini muffin tins with mini paper cups, OR, if non-stick baking tins, spray each cup well with coconut oil.
2 – If using candied orange peel, break it up and let it soak in the orange juice.
3 – In a large bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients thoroughly.
4 – In a medium bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients.
5 – Stir in the wet ingredients to the dry, just until mixed.
6 – Using a 1-Tablespoon scoop, filled level, or two tablespoons, fill each cup, taking care to wipe away any drips from around the cups.
7 – Bake at 350˚F (180˚C) for 15 – 17 minutes (or until just firm), rotating tins within the oven racks halfway through baking.
8 – Remove from oven and let cool in tins for 5 minutes. Serve warm or cool.
Questions? Contact barbara@CulinaryOracle.com
©2016 Barbara Newton-Holmes